Re: About alternatives in stretch - testing.........

On Fri, 15 May 2015 19:52:38 -0600 Bob Proulx sent:

<snip>

> Very likely the alternatives for x-www-browser are correct.  Did you
> try it?  Please try it and check that it works.  Check that it returns
> a non-zero exit code.
>
>   $ x-www-browser
>   $ echo $?
>
> What starts?  Chromium?  Then your configuration is fine.  If not then
> that is the problem.  But that is unlikely if your Testing is up to
> date.  Does it return an exit code of 0 okay?

<snip>

Thank you for these commands Bob,

$ x-www-browser
/usr/bin/x-www-browser: 95: exec: /usr/lib/chromium/x-www-browser: not
found

$ echo $?
127

Alternatives was working while I was using stable [jessie] then I
upgraded to testing and suddenly it reverted back to iceweasel.

Okay,
My system hadn't been upgraded for a week or more, so upgrading now.

I will get back with what happens when the upgrade is complete.

I'm on satellite internet so it will take a bit longer than others who
have ADSL might expect.

In the famous words of Muscles Schwartznegger, "I'll be back".

Thank you for your time and adding to your system [claws-mail] to test
this.

Charlie
--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	Men are equal; it is not birth but virtue that makes the
	difference. .....Voltaire

	Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.