[OT] Re: Openbox: which packages install to have sound?

On Thursday 14 May 2015 14:14:46 Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:
> > After installing gnome-core, sound was already there.  Instead, in another
> > - old - machine where I chose openobex as graphical system, it expects
> > everything to be installed from scratch.  What packages are needed to
> > enable sound?
>
> `openbox', not `openobex'!!
>
> Sorry, I wrote `openobex' instead of `openbox'.
>
> Rodolfo

"OpenObex" makes sense in a weird way.

>From Wikipedia:

The obex (from the Latin for barrier) is the point in the human brain at which
the fourth ventricle narrows to become the central canal of the spinal cord.

The obex occurs in the caudal medulla.

The decussation of sensory fibers happens at this point.

Clinical significance

Lesions at the location can result in obstructive hydrocephalus. The most
common lesion at this location is a subependymoma, a benign tumor.[1]
Hemangioblastoma has been observed in this location.[2] Neurological surgical
intervention in the treatment of syringomyelia or hydromyelia may involve
plugging the obex to prevent the transmission of cerebrospinal fluid to the
central canal of the spinal cord.

But I see: PluggedObex would be more benign.
Should WIndows ever become open source it can be called OpenObex, I guess ...

SCNR
Eike