Re: aptitude update errors for upgrade to Jessie on amd64

On Thursday 14 May 2015 00:05:44 Brian wrote:
> On Wed 13 May 2015 at 23:30:27 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > >
> > > Are there any disadvantages to dispensing with the present list of
> > > mirrors and offering httpredir.debian.org as the one and only mirror
> > > using the netinst ISO?

> > > You *were* given the choice to bring a little happiness into your life.
> > > :)
> > >
> > :-))
>
> To clarify my second comment:
>
>   choose-mirror (2.62) unstable; urgency=medium
>     * Update Mirrors.masterlist
>     * This update includes adding httpredir.debian.org, which replaces
>       http.debian.net using debian.org servers.
>
>    -- Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>  Tue, 14 Apr 2015 12:17:22 +0200
>
> and
>
>    https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2015/04/msg00008.html

Oh, I can change it now, I know.  And I may get round to doing so.

But it wasn't offered during the installation - and one has to choose a mirror
before it will move on.  I think for Stretch they should just use the redir
and not offer the others.  It causes a delay in the installation while it
waits for the answer.  (Not much, I hasten to add.  The whole installation
before I added a DE took 15 minutes.)

Lisi