Iceape, Iceweasel, Icedove Choices?

For some years I have been using the iceape suit but some months ago I
was advised the browser was a security risk - it does always start with
a notice it should be updated and contains a link to firefox.

With the successful upgrade to Jessie I believe it has been discontinued.
On a new computer with Jessie installed apt-cache search does not find
iceape.  On this computer just upgraded from wheezy to jessie apt-cache
search still finds iceape. A carryover from wheezy?

At any rate I have switched to using iceweasel and icedove.  I would
like icedove to import all the information from iceape mail & newsgroups
but the import option only looks for seamonkey.

Apparently I did use icedove from 2009 to 2011 so it has remained
installed through successive dist-upgrades. It has stored
messages from that period.  The old stored messages are no longer of
interest.

Perhaps the solution is to purge icedove and then reinstall it? A new
installation might see and import information from from iceape?

Is there perhaps a better way to do this from the hidden iceape
directories?

Tom