Jessie installer fails on Acer C720

Jessie installer (in debian-8.0.0-amd64-netinst.iso) fails on Acer C720.
After selecting Install screen goes blank and Jessie installer gets
restarted by Seabios.  This has been reported earlier on this thread:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2015/01/msg00300.html

but no reason or fix has been given.  Strange thing is that Wheezy
installer and various Ubuntu installers work fine on Acer C720.

Someone has suggested that perhaps this has something to do with the
Linux kernel version included in the ISO file.

Is it somehow possible to replace the kernel of the ISO file?  I do have
a perfectly working linux-image-3.17.7_amd64.deb that I could give a
try.

-- Juha