Re: Help with ddrescue

On Fri, 8 May 2015 17:15:51 -0400
German <gentgerman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 8 May 2015 22:05:40 +0100
> Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Friday 08 May 2015 21:58:12 German wrote:
> > > It's happened when I was
> > > installing Lubuntu.
> >
> > Post hoc doesn't necessarily imply propter hoc.
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_hoc_ergo_propter_hoc
> >
> > Lisi
> >

> You are philosopher. In meanwhile I think that that what caused the
> problem. I also have internal drive which couldn't be mounted after
> install of Lubuntu. Interesting enough, after installing Debian on the
> same system, my internal drive became fully operational. :)

About a week ago, I did a kernel upgrade. When I rebooted the system, X
wouldn't run, and the mouse cursor was locked in position. I installed
another kernel and rebooted. X came up fine, but the mouse still
wouldn't work.

I spent an hour digging through logs, unloading and loading modules and
so on, before I determined it was the battery in the mouse[1].

What Lisi is saying is that just because two things happened at the
same time, _does not mean_ that they are related.

Petter

[1] *groan*

--
"I'm ionized"