Re: jessie selinux reference policy package missing

On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 04:18:30PM -0500, Spencer Minear wrote:
> I installed the new Jessie version of debian on a VirtualBox system, and
> had no problems with the installation.  Because I wanted to do work with
> the SELinux policy I wanted to first make sure that the system would run
> with SE Linux to provide a platform on which to experiment with the policy.
>
> I obtained most of the SELinux packages that I think I needed and/or
> wanted, selling-utils, selinux-basics etc.  Then, per existing
> documentation on setting up SELinux on a Debian system I attempted to get
> the selinux-policy-default via 'apt-get install selinux-policy-default' and
> was told "E: Package 'selinux-policy-default' has no installation
> candidate'.
>
> Looking around I find one for Wheezy and for "SID" but not for Jessie.
> Given the fact that jessie was just released a few weeks ago, I'm guessing
> that the jessie policy package simply was not completed yet.

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=selinux-policy-default;dist=unstable

See the bugs marked Grave, Serious, and indeed most of the
Important and some of the Unclassified bugs.

It may be that someone will someday get a default selinux policy
set up for Jessie, but I wouldn't bet on that being soon.

You can blame systemd, if you'd like. You might even get a
mostly-working system if you change back to sysvinit and
try again.

-dsr-