Re: tty2,tty3,... missing after fresh install

Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> writes:

> No, only a short delay before the login prompt appears is to be expected
> since systemd starts gettys by demand.  But that should hardly be
> noticeable.
>
> After you switched to tty2 and back to tty1, what does
> "systemctl status getty@tty2.service" print?

Here's the output:

● getty@tty2.service - Getty on tty2
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/getty@.service; enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)
     Docs: man:agetty(8)
           man:systemd-getty-generator(8)
           http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/serial-console.html

Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:

> No, it is not normal. As Sven Joachim says, activation of a tty is on
> demand and almost instantaneous. There were bugs relating to the
> behaviour you describe but they have been attended to. Please see the
> systemd bug record.
>
> What do you get for
>
>   dpkg -l dbus

Here's the output:

||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
un  dbus           <none>       <none>       (no description available)

Francisco M Neto <fmneto@gmail.com> writes:

> Also, since you're using a laptop, have you tried Alt+Fn+F2?

It produces no effect.

Thanks all for your help.  The problem disappeared once I did `apt-get install
dbus'.  Before I put `solved' to the thread, what do you think was the cause?
I'm curious now.

Cheers,

Rodolfo