Re: tty2,tty3,... missing after fresh install

Also, since you're using a laptop, have you tried Alt+Fn+F2?

On May 1, 2015 3:15 PM, "Brian" <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
On Fri 01 May 2015 at 16:42:00 +0100, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> After freshly installing Debian Jessie on my old laptop, with no graphical
> environment yet, at prompt, only tty1 is present: if I press Alt-F2, Alt-F3 and
> so on, there's no prompt at all, no tty2, tty3, etc.  Is that normal?

No, it is not normal. As Sven Joachim says, activation of a tty is on
demand and almost instantaneous. There were bugs relating to the
behaviour you describe but they have been attended to. Please see the
systemd bug record.

What do you get for

  dpkg -l dbus