Re: [Debian 8.0 Installation] Firmware files on USB stick with debian iso

Curt wrote:
> Is it just me or is the option to install an alternative desktop
> environment missing from the advanced options of both amd64 netinstall
> isos ( official and firmware-unofficial)?

The desktop option has been added to the tasksel stage.  It is a
better place for it.

  # tasksel -t --new-install --list-tasks
  u desktop       Debian desktop environment
  u gnome-desktop GNOME
  u xfce-desktop  Xfce
  u kde-desktop   KDE
  u cinnamon-desktop      Cinnamon
  u mate-desktop  MATE
  u lxde-desktop  LXDE
  u web-server    web server
  u print-server  print server
  u ssh-server    SSH server
  u standard      standard system utilities

Bob