Re: Jessie: Problem switching from graphical to text-based login

Am 29.04.2015 um 22:29 schrieb Michael Biebl:
> Am 29.04.2015 um 21:31 schrieb Reiner Bühl:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have installed a new system with Debian Jessie and Xfce. When I try
>> to disable lightdm via systemctl, X11 is stopped as expected, but
>> after the next restart, the graphical login is back. I do not want to
>> uninstall lightdm, but just disable the automatic start of X11 and
>> lightdm. What is the way to do this with systemd?
>>
>> "systemctl disable lightdm.service" seems to not do it.
>
> Please try "systemctl set-default multi-user.target"
>
> The default is graphical.target, which pulls in display-manager.service.

To get the current default target use
$ systemct get-default

You can always switch it back to graphical mode by using
$ systemctl set-default graphical.target

You can also change the default target temporarily on the kernel command
line.
For that add "systemd.unit=multi-user.target" to the kernel command line.

This requires a display manager which set's up the
display-manager.service symlink correctly. Currently, lightdm and gdm3
do, patches for kdm are being worked on.

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?