Re: Jessie: Problem switching from graphical to text-based login

Thanks very much! That did it!

Am 29.04.2015 22:29, schrieb Michael Biebl:
Am 29.04.2015 um 21:31 schrieb Reiner Bühl:
Hi,

I have installed a new system with Debian Jessie and Xfce. When I try
to disable lightdm via systemctl, X11 is stopped as expected, but
after the next restart, the graphical login is back. I do not want to
uninstall lightdm, but just disable the automatic start of X11 and
lightdm. What is the way to do this with systemd?

"systemctl disable lightdm.service" seems to not do it.

Please try "systemctl set-default multi-user.target"

The default is graphical.target, which pulls in display-manager.service.