rss2email upgrade woes

	Dear list.

I've upgraded one of my VPS to Jessie recently. The upgrade itself
went smoothly, more-or-less (disregarding inability to boot
xz-compressed kernel due to ancient pvgrub).

Yet there's that rss2mail package I used for years that's troubling me
now.

First, the packaging quality. The rss2email package now depends on both
python2.7 and python3.4 at the same time, which is kind of… strange. Not
that I cannot tolerate multiple versions of python installed, but still.

Second (but not last), is that rss2email has the ability to send
plain-text e-mails, which I find invaluable. rss2email in Jessie
retained that ability, but now it applies horrible text wrapping, which
renders text nearly unreadable *and* breaks urls.

First problem is easily solved as I rebuild rss2email package anyway
(upstream has a braindead idea of sending e-mails with UTC timezone).
After all, replacing python-xdg → python3-xdg in Depends field is not that
hard.

It's the second problem that I need to be advised on. I played with
'body-width' configuration setting, and it does not seem to do anything
useful at all. And rss2email does not seem to have another "don't format
the text dammit" knob :(

As for the alternatives I tried feed2imap and I cannot view it as a
suitable replacement - it seems to be able to send html e-mails only.

Anything else they give in Debian main archive does not seem to be able
to cope with a simple task of transforming RSS feeds to plain-text
e-mails.

Reco