Re: Unable to set LAN Internet connection on Debian Server

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 03:12:44PM +0545, Binod Yadav wrote:
>    Dear all,
>    We are unable to set LAN Connection in the server and so we are unable to
>    get online service through Teamviewer for Koha and Dspace software.
>    Please guide us to solve the problems.

Hello,

I think you're going to have to give us more information than "it
doesn't work". By default, Debian comes configured to perform a DHCP
request on eth0. This should work for the majority of people, but some
people have more complex requirements so the above may not work. In
fact, I seem to remember that if the installer doesn't receive a DHCP
response, it will prompt for manual configuration. Might you have got
that wrong?

So, in order for us to help you, I think we'll want the following:

 * What model of network card(s) are installed?
 * What is the topology of your network (e.g. is this a home computer
   connected to an ISPs router, is it an institutional computer
   connected to a network that you don't control (in which case you
   should tell us how the network administrator has told you to
   connect), is it an air-gapped network between a few computers which
   you control, etc etc)
 * What is the content of /etc/network/interfaces?
 * What is the output of (as root) 'ifdown eth0 ; ifup -v eth0'
   (assuming that eth0 is your network interface - on a computer with
   one ethernet port, it will be)?

The above may lead to further questions, though.