RE: python3-xlib lost in Debian

I don't think so !
I think debian will support python3 sooner or later, and give up python2 . This is a question of time . So although python-xlib upstream did not have update , if there is a need for it , I think there will be someone to maintain it for users !
mudongliang

From: brian@microcomaustralia.com.au
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 01:37:06 +0000
Subject: Re: python3-xlib lost in Debian
To: mudongliangabcd@hotmail.com; debian-user@lists.debian.org; debian-python@lists.debian.org

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 at 12:26 mudongliang <mudongliangabcd@hotmail.com> wrote:
Today I try to install a software - youdao dict.
First I try it in vmware machine: Linuxmint and Ubuntu. It can succeed!
But when I do it in Debian , it fails ; And the reason is the lost of
python3-xlib.
So I search in the web page of Debian: this package is not contained by
Debian Jessie or Squeeze!They only have a package named python-xlib. The
same to Ubuntu , it has.
What happens about this package?

Hello,

I see you have already solved this. However, I have some comments to add.

python-xlib's upstream is  http://python-xlib.sourceforge.net/, and the last official release was made 2007-10-02, as such it is highly unlikely that upstream supports Python 3.

However Ubuntu has a python3-xlib package; it would appear that Ubuntu have made changes (whether good or bad I don't know) to support Python 3, and these have not made there way back to the Debian version.

As far as I can tell, there never has been a python3-xlib package in Debian.

Regards