Re: Debian 7.8 amd64 xfce lightdm login screen second monitor sleeps but does not wake up

On 04/28/2015 12:47 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
First, check if you're using the latest BIOS/UEFI for your motherboard.

Thank you for the reply. :-)

BIOS is current (SWQ6710H.86A):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/51997/Intel-Desktop-Board-DQ67SW

    2015-04-28 17:19:00 root@i72600s ~/i72600s.holgerdanske.com
    # dmidecode | grep Version | head -n 1
    	Version: SWQ6710H.86A.0066.2012.1105.1504

Try an Debian8/jessie live-cd.

Perhaps -- I've found that Debian major version upgrades always involve trade-off's that include things I don't like.

Also, DP to DVI is usually a much safer conversion than DP to VGA, especially if the DP port is "dual mode", which allows for a passive converter (it can output DVI-compatible signals directly).

Given that re-plugging the StarTech adapter seems to work while re-plugging the monitor does not, a different adapter might work better.

David