Re: initramfs broken on Jessie upgrade

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> has anyone observed something similar to
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=783620 on their
> Upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie? I'm still trying to figure out what's
> happening, and I don't really know where to look.
>
> I was unable to attach the screenshot so far (mail is accepted but
> never makes it to the BTS), I've put the screenshot here:
>
> http://users.birkenwald.de/~berni/volatile/783620.png

Could you run something like this on the initrds?

diff -u <( zcat workinginitrd) <( zcat brokeninitrd);

It's possible that something has corrupted the initrds in some subtle
way, or some part of the cpio archive has been truncated which causes as
issue for the kernel but is ignored by cpio.

Love is... a complex sequence of neurochemical reactions that makes
people behave like idiots. It's similar to intoxication, but the
hangover's even worse.
 -- J. Jacques _Questionable Content_ #1039
    http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1039