Re: Is anyone else having trouble sending mail from Jessie?

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 07:23:41PM -0500, John J. Boyer wrote:
> I'm using msmtp to send mail, but I suspect the same problem would occur
> with any of the other mail programs. Whenever I try to send a message I
> get the error "TLS handshake failed. Operation timed out." There sems to
> be a mismatch between the default TLS settings and those of my mail
> provider's server. I did not have this problem with Ubuntu.
> Investigation shows that the problem is most likeluy in  the gnuTLS
> library.

I am using msmtp with TLS and everything works fine here (Debian jessie).
The 'defaults' section in my config file has:

    defaults
    protocol smtp
    port 465
    tls on
    tls_starttls off
    auth on
    timeout 30

I suspect your problem might be related to `tls_starttls`, check the setting
and let us know if that helped.