Is anyone else having trouble sending mail from Jessie?

I'm using msmtp to send mail, but I suspect the same problem would occur
with any of the other mail programs. Whenever I try to send a message I
get the error "TLS handshake failed. Operation timed out." There sems to
be a mismatch between the default TLS settings and those of my mail
provider's server. I did not have this problem with Ubuntu.
Investigation shows that the problem is most likeluy in  the gnuTLS
library.

Thanks,
John

--