Re: testing or stable

On 04/28/2015 01:00 AM, mudongliang wrote:
On Mon, 2015-04-27 at 13:38 -0300, Francisco M Neto wrote:
I'd recommend staying with jessie for a few months since testing is
going to be just the same until new packages start popping up from sid.

Personally I've been using jessie for about the same time and intend to
move to stretch in a few months - quite possibly after the first couple
of point releases.
Why in a few months - quite possibly after the first couple of point
releases ? Can you explain it in more detailed?
When Jessie had the rc1 version , I change to Debian Jessie! Now I have
the Stable version , but as a personal computer , not a workstation or a
server , I do not need keep stable! Somehow , I need some new softwares!
I want to ask when I should change the Jessie to testing or Stretch!

You got a good answer. The devs are probably taking at least a couple of weeks off after the new stable release push to Jessie.

There are those users who stay continuously with Sid, and my hat is off to them. But, it's always a good idea to wait JUST A BIT, unless you enjoy fixing surprises and making useful bug-reports.

That said, we do have a great bunch of devs and package managers, so if you feel froggy, jump straight in to testing! That decision is on you as always. Enjoy! Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html