Re: [SOLVED] Re: Unable to complete package upgrade in jessie

On 04/27/2015 at 09:19 PM, Bill Baker wrote:

> On a whim, I decided to see what would happen if I uninstalled
> consolekit.  Lo and behold, after uninstalling it, I was able to
> upgrade the kernel normally and run a normal upgrade.  Thanks to
> everyone who offered help.  Replying to your responses helped me
> think through this.

Hm. I thought that there would be dependencies on consolekit which would
prevent that from working, or would require you to uninstall a lot of
your system to let it go through; otherwise I might have suggested it
myself.

Glad you're back in working order now, even if I don't quite understand
the mechanism.

--
   The Wanderer