Re: jessie: how to suppress emacs24 warnings

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 21:49:50 +0300
Juha Heinanen <jh@tutpro.com> wrote:

> after upgrading to jessie that came with emacs24, i get the warnings
> below to terminal window each time i start emacs in x11 environment.
> any hints on how to get rid of them?
>
> -- juha
>
> (emacs:12957): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error:
> gtk-widgets.css:57:17: Theming engine 'unico' not found
>
> (emacs:12957): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error:
> gtk-widgets.css:289:20: Not using units is deprecated. Assuming 'px'.

Are you using you old emacs23 .emacs file?

Try to launch emacs with the -q switch.
If the warnings disappear, it's just a matter of finding the offending
lines in your .emacs file.

I guess it is some theme configuration. If you are (was) using the
emacs23 color-theme mode, this link can be useful:
https://github.com/emacs-jp/replace-colorthemes

--
EMACS is my operating system; Linux is my device driver.