Re: After installing Debian Jessie it boot me in tty1 only...

Gábor Hársfalvi wrote:
> I just had a big mistake - I installed the netinstall version which
> is on the main debian.org website - Download link. It had only the
> main system without anything - like Gnome...

The netinstall version requires the network to install GNOME and other
desktop environments.  It is perfectly fine for doing so.

> So I downloaded again - and I had choose the x64 version .iso with Gnome...
>
> After install it worked almost everything out of the box!
>
> So I wish to give a BIG SORRY for my mistake and a BIG THANKS for the great
> works of the Debian Community!

If you have a network connection then for others reading this thread
it isn't necessary to download a different ISO installation image.
Instead simply use the netinstall and the network to install.  The
desktop environments such as GNOME, XFCE, LXDE, and so forth will be
downloaded from the network at installation time.  This is what I
always do when installing.

Bob