Re: Laptop automatically sleeps on lid close in Jessie

On 2015-04-26 12:03:35 -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * On 2015 26 Apr 11:58 -0500, Peter Ley wrote:
> > Now when I close my laptop lid, it automatically goes to sleep, which
> > would be fine except it has never been able to recover from sleep. It
> > didn't do this until I upgraded. I tried removing the pm-utils package
> > which had been left over from last time I tried to get sleep working,
> > but it still does it. How do I stop this behavior?
>
> It's integral to systemd now and enabled or disabled in
> /etc/systemd/logind.conf.  Uncomment and set the key
> HandleLidSwitch=ignore (default is suspend).

I would add that such things are also needed with sysvinit as the
init system since /lib/systemd/systemd-logind is running by default
(I noticed this on a Debian/unstable machine that has not switched
to the systemd init system).

Now, concerning ACPI events with a system entirely using systemd,
is it sufficient to modify options in /etc/systemd/logind.conf or
does one still need to modify files in /etc/acpi too?