Re: [way OT, but desperate] GoBook speakers

On 04/26/2015 07:50 PM, Glenn English wrote:
Is anyone here familiar with GoBook XR-1 laptops?

A friend and I have several of them (running Wheezy and Ubuntu), and
the speakers quit on them, from time to time. The headphones jacks
still work just fine, and the speakers have been known to come back
on with a reboot. But not always.

This sounds very strange, but they report success

http://askubuntu.com/questions/313952/sound-not-working

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html