Re: fsck.mode=force no longer working in testing?

Quoting Jape Person (japers@comcast.net):

> Can anyone test to see if fsck.mode=force is still working on their
> Jessie / testing systems? If so, I must have done something to all
> four of my testing systems to screw things up. And, if
> fsck.mode=force has stopped working, I wonder what broke it.
>
> BTW, my systems are "testing" in the sense that I use "testing" in
> /etc/apt/source.list instead of the release name. So I guess I'm on
> Stretch now.

Fully fscking root seems to have ceased some time since 2 April.
fsck.mode=force and /forcefsck both still function (with the same
slap on the wrist from the latter) but only for non-root filesystems.
(I assume your fsck.mode=fsck was a typo.)

/var/log/fsck/check{fs,root} only seems to get written by wheezy.

I get similar-looking files as you do from systemctl. The only thing I
didn't see you mention was an empty file /run/initramfs/fsck-root
alongside fsck.log

I'm running jessie upgraded from wheezy, itself from squeeze. I shall
be reinstalling jessie soon, now that it's "stable", to see if I can
cure other problems. This will recreate this root partition as ext4.

Cheers,
David.