Re: python3-xlib lost in Debian

On 4/26/15, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hijacking threads won't get you many answers.  I read this bnecause I was
> interested in the booot logo quesition.  I know nothjing about Python.
>
> Try reposting in a new thread about Python.

This posted as a new thread in my inbox. OP's name was not familiar
right offhand, but a quick search of my inbox shows it to POSSIBLY be
a newcomer to Debian lists. My compassionate m/o (method of operation)
in these cases is to presume a new user is not aware of how threads
thread these days.. I sure wasn't, and I've been using computers and
the Internet for 20 years.

For the OP (original poster): Based on the response you received, I'm
a-suming you possibly replied to a thread then maybe changed the
subject line to ask your own unrelated question? If so, some email
clients (software, etc) still consider that to be part of the old
thread and will treat it as such. You have to start with a brand new,
completely empty email if you're starting a topic that is not an
intentional derivative of one currently being discussed....

If you go to this page, you'll see what happened:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2015/04/thrd3.html

You have to page down until you find your thread. It's about 2/3's of
the way down for me right now. What you'll see is your new thread is
now permanently stored as a sub-thread, a continued thought of the
boot logo thread when it appears you may have intended for your
question to stand out by itself.

How you would fix it would be to go ahead and start that new email
then copy and paste all of your own original here into it.

Hope that helps POSSIBLY explain why you received the response you
did. If you already knew what happened, my apologies for a-suming you
didn't. Perhaps this will still help some other Debian list newcomer
now or in the Future. Good luck with your own Debian'ing!

Cindy :)

PS As to your question, I tried digging around when you first asked it
but I didn't get real far. I did find python-xlib floating around out
there:

https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/python-xlib

Go ahead and start your brand new email so you can ask your new
question, and we can try going from there.. :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with duct tape(d sewing machine) *