Wheezy: Need some help making bootable HD with Grub.

Hi,

Need some help making bootable HD with Grub.

I have two HDs of the same size:
1. /dev/sda - my old and working HD which has grub properly installed, the system boots and works properly. /dev/sda has the following partitions:
   /dev/sda1  /boot
   /dev/sda2  /
   /dev/sda3  swap

2. /dev/sdb, my new HD, it has the same structure as /dev/sda: sdb1 (/boot), sdb2 (/) and sdb3 (swap), though the size of the partitions is slightly different. I want to transfer my data from sda to sdb (that part was done) and make sdb bootable. sdb will then be the only drive in the system.

I ran "grub-install /dev/sdb" and it said that it completed without errors. The PC however fails to boot from the new drive, which was the only HD in the system at that time. After some delay the boot process drops me not even into the Grub CLI but into some "grub rescue>" CLI where even "help" command does not work. "ls" does work though.

Any ideas as to what needs to be done to make sdb bootable just like sda is?

Thanks

# grub-install -v
grub-install (GRUB) 1.99-27+deb7u2