Re: non-stable packages infestation

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 19:16:24 -0400, Kynn Jones wrote:
On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 6:39 PM, Teresa e Junior
<teresaejunior@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 17:35:29 -0400, Kynn Jones wrote:

      $ apt-cache policy sudo
      sudo:
        Installed: 1.8.5p2-1+nmu2
        Candidate: 1.8.5p2-1+nmu2
        Version table:
       *** 1.8.5p2-1+nmu2 0
              100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
           1.8.5p2-1+nmu1 0
              500 http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian/ stable/main amd64
Packages
              500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable/main amd64
Packages

If you disable a repository, its packages will appear as if they were
locally installed (/var/lib/dpkg/status).

Thanks, that's good to know.  I did disable a repo I'd used for
backports, but replaced with another (I was not being able to connect
reliably to the first one).

Backports may be related too, but your sudo example is from wheezy security, see https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=sudo

I'm considering going back to apt, even though most of the advice I've
read on apt vs aptitude leans in favor of the latter.  After this
experience, I've lost trust in aptitude.

Probably old advice, apt is the most recommended nowadays.

Teresa e Junior