Re: can't automatically launch lxde

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015, James wrote:

> I installed lxde as a gui desktop but I can't get it to run
> automatically. I need to login as me and then do sudo kdm (sudo lxdm
> doesn't work).

Exactly how did you install LXDE?  What other desktop environments do
you have installed?  Does that desktop run instead of LXDE?  I'm
assuming so.  Try this:

At login, at the bottom of the screen -- maybe at the top (I haven't
run a desktop in years, just a WM), there should be a gadget to select
which desktop, window manager, etc. to run.  Pick one of the LXDE
options.