Re: LibreOffice 64 bit suddenly wont save. (Solved -sort of)

On 04/19/2015 05:34 PM, Gary Roach wrote:
Has anyone else had the problem that LibreOffice 64 suddenly refuses to save files. If I pull up an old file and change it and save everything seems to be OK. But when I try to open the file again the restore corrupted file screen pops up. When I go through that routine the file opens with none of the new changes show. If I create a new file and use save as, LibreOffice closes and the file is not saved. I reinstalled the office suit, the base and the core programs. This didn't help. I think this is more a Debian problem than an LO problem so am posting here.
    Debian wheezy amd64 up to date.

Gary R.

Continuing on; I stripped my system of every libreoffice file (updatedb and locate). I reinstalled from scratch and had the exact same problem. I then installed LibreOffice backport (version 4.3) and the problem went away. Could there be a new bug in version 3 ?

Gary R