Re: Enforcing g+rwX permissions on shared files

Hi,

Am 2015-04-20 15:32, schrieb martin f krafft:
Short of the sledgehammer approaches of using either a cronjob to
brute-force permissions at regular intervals, or an incronjob to
pave over any changes right when they happen, I am at a loss. And
I'd like to avoid both those hacks because they are just ugly and
spell trouble sooner or later, I am sure.

How do solve this?

Well, haven't tried this myself, and don't know about the performance
(FUSE can be quite slow at times), but you could try bindfs, a FUSE
filesystem for creating bind mounts that alter permissions (it's
packaged in Debian). Just mount your real filesystem to /real/bla and
use bindfs to bind it with the proper options to /mountpoint.

Christian