Re: I need guidance about how to configure a newly installed Jessie ... another related question

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 10:18:58 -0600
Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:

> On 20150419_0852-0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
>
> I am trying to setup DHCP assignment, but it doesn't seem to be
> working. Mostly the more things I try, the less things show up in the
> list of attached devices. I hope I can recover from this experiment.

Another option you have, that I would file in the "future experiments
when everything else is stable and working" category, would be to see
if your router is supported by something like OpenWRT or DD-WRT.

They both have a lot more features than most manufacturers firmware,
and give you a greater degree of control.

Also, on my router and the one I had before, the list of DHCP clients
was frequently not listing all clients. It may have had something to do
with the fact that I set really long lease times, but I'm not sure. See
if your router has a log, on my router I can even filter on events, and
DHCP is one of the filters I can choose. Then you will see the requests
come in and the router sending replies.

Good luck,

Petter

--