Re: FAQ's versus "Questions Newbies SHOULD Ask"?

Nate Bargmann wrote:

On Tuesday 14 April 2015 17:03:48 Richard Owlett wrote {with restored context ;/}
FAQ's may indicate questions others have asked.
*BUT* is there any reference that would provoke investigating
questions I have yet thought to ask? Can there be?

This partially prompted by a personal project whose working title
is "A Minimalist's Minimal (but very INSTRUCTIVE) Install via
debootstrap". {d-i does too much too silently for my tastes ;)

We're all cynics!

For some odd reason I seem to have questions that are lightly or not
covered by the documentation.

*DEFINITELY* Part of the solution would be to encourage/ALLOW technologically oriented Jr. and Sr. High students to write about technology. It wasn't until my late 40's that had a writing course that was a thinly disguised Literature course [more pathetically it was at a small Bible college I attended part-time instead of the Ivy League institution at which I had pursued an engineering degree.]

For Richard, many of my searches lead me to the Stack Overflow
collection of web sites.  The answers I find are usually very good and
often times there are one or two additional detailed explanations.

My searches have lead there as well. I'd likely not post there as they have a strong orientation to "how" rather than "why". I attract enough static on that already <grin>

Of course someone will weigh in saying that all questions are ansered in
the source...
                ;/

- Nate