Re: Can't isntall Debian on UEFI system

On Wednesday 15 April 2015 11:22:49, German wrote :
> Hi all, I am trying to install live image from USB stick, but my comp's
> BIOS doesn't see the drive. I tried to dd .iso to stick, I tried to copy
> it, still, BIOS doesn't see it. I also don't see any efi folders on the
> stick when I look at it with a file manager. Any ideas? Thanks

I did it no later than yesterday.

I downloaded the netinst image of jessie rc2 on this page:

https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

In my case, it was the amd64 image.

I copied it to the usb key with this command

    cp debian-jessie-DI-rc2-amd64-netinst.iso /dev/sdc

Then the key booted just fine on an EFI system and it installed on a CF disk
booted by EFI (checked it by making sure /sys/firmware/efi exists).

Frederic