Re: Debain Jessie two dictionary software

Le 15/04/2015 11:05, mudongliang a écrit :
> Can someone tell me why the newest Jessie version has two basic
> dictionary software : goldendict and gnome dictionary?
> Can maintainers delete one ?
> mudongliang

Why should they ?
gnome dictionary is a gnome app, and goldendict a qt one.
Gnome user do not necessarily want a qt non-gnome dictionary, and
similarly non gnome users do not necessarily want an application
dependending on gnome libs and component.

Strength of free system is about giving choice.