Re: debian 8

On Monday 13 April 2015 14:00:15 Petter Adsen wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 13:04:28 -0400
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett@wdtv.com> wrote:
> What, apart from using JavaScript (which I agree is not desirable), is
> problematic?

No x button to close is shown to iceweasel. I even tried the upper right
corner clikcing blind, thinking some jerk had chosen to display the X in
white like the rest of the popup.  No effect.

> > IOW, we cannot see whats at the link.
>
> I could.

What browser?  ISTR I also tried chromium with similar results.

> > Is there not another service that is more "friendly" to the use its
> > used for?
>
> Not that many that has Linux clients, unfortunately. I know of only
> two - Google Drive (unofficial client only, and I dislike Google), and
> CloudMe (where I haven't got any free space right now).

pastebin.ca has worked for me quite a few times in the past, but it has
probably been a year since I last needed to use it.  I can put it on my
own web page with just a little more effort.  Biggest problem with that
is my innate laziness, I don't have an automatic expirey for styff like
that. IOW I forget its there. Goes with the years on the wet ram (but
still in the 2 digit range) I guess. ;-)

> Anyway, it's all academic now, as I've emailed the pdf to Bret.

Which sounds like an overll win. :)

> Petter

Cheers Petter, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)