Re: VLANs won't persist

M7 <mrh7184@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm running Debian 7.8 x64 and I'm unable to have my vlan network persist.

> I've installed the package 'vlan'.

You don't need this package. Please remove and purge it. ifupdown is
able to configure VLANs without this package.

> I then ran 'modprobe 8021q' to load the kernel and saved it into
> /etc/modules

No need to do this, it will be automatically loaded once needed.

> My /etc/network/interfaces looks like this

> auto-hotplug eth0.4

It is either "allow-hotplug" or just "auto".

> iface eth0.4 inet static
>    address 10.0.4.100
>    netmask 255.255.255.0
>    gateway 10.0.4.1
>    dns-nameserver 10.0.4.1
>    vlan_raw_device eth0

No need to specify the "vlan_raw_device" if you are using the notation
of "device.vlan"

Grüße,
Sven.

--