Re: debian 8

On Saturday 11 April 2015 03:01:29 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Saturday 11 April 2015 07:39:47 Petter Adsen wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 13:46:36 -0400
> >
> > Gene Heskett <gheskett@wdtv.com> wrote:

> > > I have occasionally tried that, (when I can remember it) has not
> > > worked yet, for me, even with a wired keyboard.  That is something
> > > that distro compilers building kernels for their disto, seem to
> > > have a delight in disabling/ignoring.
> > >
> > > This particular keyboard has not such a marked key.  White
> > > logitech K360.
> >
> > On most keyboards it is marked "Print Screen", or some shortening
> > thereof. Or do you have a small keyboard without such a key?
>
> http://www.johnlewis.com/logitech-k360-wireless-keyboard/p1803229?imag
>eCount=1

That's it, with an all white panel in one case, and all black in the
version I am using on the cnc lathe control box. Also the only keyboard
I could find with non-tapered sides to the keys, it stops 95% of the
jammed keys when flying swarf (cuttings, may be red hot) from the lathe
operation behind it will get jammed in the taper, holding the key down
after its been released.

The only real fix would be a silicon rubber keyboard skin, but those are
only available for an apple keyboard on this side of the pond.  Why?
DamnifIknow.  If someone knows where I can buy a skin for a
more "normal" us keyboard, they will have an order for 5 of them by the
time they open up Monday morning.

The other 5%? where the machine has gone wild thinking your finger is
still on the key? Mad, frantic scramble to hit the e-stop screen button
with a mouse, and that part under constuction is wrecked, AND a 20 to 50
dollar cutting tool is shattered.

> It is the fourth key in from the left, on the same key as "home" and
> between "end" and "delete".

Change the "left" above to "right", then you are correct, Lisi.  I don't
think I am looking at it in a mirror. ;-)

> "some keyboards may not provide a separate SysRq key. In this case, a
> separate "PrintScrn" key should be present."
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key#Commands
>
> Lisi

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)