Re: debian 8

On Friday 10 April 2015 10:25:14 Bret Busby wrote:
> So, I have found xfce, on Debian 7, to be too dangerous.

I seem to remember that XFCE has "lock" and "on" as the default on screen
saver.  This is surely almost normal now?  Anyhow, if it mattered the onus
was surely on you to check what the defaults were?

> Even more incentive to stick with Debian 6, even after the LTS has expired.
>
> It seems that, on the eve of the release of Debian 8, Debian 7 is
> still, even less stable and functional, than Debian 6.

You really can't blame Debian 7 because you don't like XFCE.  I very much
dislike KDE4, but I don't blame Wheezy.  Nor can you blame any Debian version
for the antics of the Gnome developers.

Lisi