Re: md5sums and shasums

On 20150403_2316+0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> Can any kind soul take pity on my less than perfect sight and tell me where to
> find the md5sums and shasums for these downloads?  A URL would be great.  I
> just can't find them.
>
> https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/?
>
> Thanks
> Lisi

I asked that a not long ago, when RC 2 was announced. It's right in sight
and very inconvenient to use:

You click of the hot link for the cpu type the you want and up pops a pup-up.
Look at it carefully. There is a url of a web site in Sweden, I think. clicking
on it is not effective. You enter the url displayed inside to popup manually
into the menubar, one key stroke at a time. If you get it right, you will
see a list of hot links. Third one, 'cdimage' will take you to the md5 & sha
sums.

This is a place where Debian is really not newbie friendly. If one is
a conscientious newbie, you have read all the fine words about using
wget and *never* using a browser to download .iso files, but not a
word about what to type at the command line to make wget go to where
the goodies are.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net