Re: debian 8

 Hi.

On Sat, 4 Apr 2015 01:10:21 +0800
Bret Busby <bret.busby@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> No idea, the top of the page says: "Chapter 2. What's new in Debian 8"
> >>
> >> I'm sorry I didn't see the link, I simply went to debian.org and
> >> searched for "jessie gnome classic", which returned this:
> >>
> >> https://search.debian.org/cgi-bin/omega?DB=en&P=jessie+gnome+classic
> >>
> >> The top link there says, again: "Chapter 2. What's new in Debian 8", so
> >> I expected that to be what I wanted. Mea culpa.
> >
> > Oh I see. Consider this link then:
> >
> > https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/amd64/release-notes/ch-whats-new.en.html
> >

> Interestingly, that link does not resolve/open, in the version of
> Arora running on Debian 6, but, opens in the version of rekonq running
> on Debian 6. By Debian 6, here, I mean Debian 6 LTS.

An expected thing these days. You see, today's common knowledge is that
SSL3.0 is bad, TLS1.0 is bad and even TLS1.1 is bad. TLS1.2 and maybe
HTTP/2 is the way to go.

In particular, www.debian.org does not accept HTTPS connections *if*
the browser is claiming that all it supports is SSL3.0.

The same common knowledge is that the about the only reason to keep
SSL3.0 support on site is to support dreaded *cough* Internet Explorer
6. Maybe 7. Hell, I'm not a webmaster to know these things in detail.

Guess we know that there's real browser (Arora) to care about in
addition to the toy one (IE).

Try replacing https:// with http://. Really.

If it does not help - download the page with wget or curl (last one is
preferrable for this), and view it in a browser. It's a simple HTML
anyway.

Reco