Re: Issues with Enigmail @ Icedove and a huge keyring

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 12:15:44PM +0200, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> I've got a quiet big keyring (>2k keys inside it) and since last updates
> of enigmail I'm recognizing issues with it. Ehenever it's about
> verifying a signature Enigmail is starting a gpg2 process like that
>
> /usr/bin/gpg2 --charset utf-8 --display-charset utf-8 --batch --no-tty
> --status-fd 2 --with-fingerprint --fixed-list-mode --with-colons --list-keys
>
> which consumes 100% of one core for quiet some time and is blocking the
> signature thing. This is happening about sind update to 1.8.x of Enigmail.
>
> Before I report an issue upstream to Enigmail I'd like to ask you
> whether some of you is experincing some similar issue and/or is might
> having an idea for fixing/workaround.

Try (if possible) adding --no-auto-check-trustdb to the GPG2 invocation of
enigmail, and separately cron a 'gpg --check-trustdb' (with possibly some of
--batch or --no-tty etc. added). I'm not sure what an appropriate frequency for
the cron should be, but gpg will not check the trust db even when asked if it
doesn't think it necessary. (unless you add --yes).