Re: e2fsck.conf and ssh_known_hosts: where?

i am using ubuntu 14.04.1, i downloaded the image on 29th march 2015, from the torrent links provided by debian.org website...

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 8:41 PM, Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:
On 2015-03-31 18:09 +0200, Paul E Condon wrote:

> e2fsck.conf:
>
> While attempting to debug a flaky HDD under Jessie, I had occasion to
> inspect the conf file /etc/e2fsck.conf, and found that it doesn't
> exist on any of my computers.

That file is not shipped in any current version of the e2fsprogs package,
although it has been at some point in the distant past.  On my system it
is listed as an obsolete conffile, and its timestamp indicates it was
last modified in 2007.

> But the man e2fsck mentions file
> e2fsck.conf and man e2fsck.conf states that the default location is
> /etc/e2fsck.conf . Has support for site specific configuration been
> abandoned? Or where is it kept?

If you create /etc/e2fsck.conf, e2fsck will read it.

Cheers,
       Sven