Re: installing debian

My download was 3 seperate ISOs?

That I burned to DVDs, It worked perfict

Tim Bester

From: Joe <joe@jretrading.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 1:37 PM
Subject: Re: installing debian

On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 20:06:27 +0300

Vincent Omondi <sircenty@gmail.com> wrote:

> i downloaded debian 7.8.0 binary 3 iso image, which was 4.7GB, i
> wrote it on a dvd so taht i can install on my machine, but it cannot
> be detected as bootable, help, how can i install on where have i gone
> wrong. thanks

You need to burn it explicitly as an ISO image, not save it as a file,
which is normally what drag-and-drop will do.

Pretty much all CD/DVD burning software will do this, but it is not a
common task for most computer users so it may not be easy to find it
among the options. Depending on the configuration of your present OS,
double-clicking on the saved .iso file may open the burning software in
the correct mode.

Keep the disc you made already as a backup of the .iso file, in case
you need to do this again.

--
Joe