Re: IPv6 duplicate address detection (DAD)

On 25 March 2015 at 05:57, Sven Hartge <sven@svenhartge.de> wrote:
> No, there is not chance of a collision. If DAD thinks there is another
> device with the same address (and hence MAC) then there _is_ another
> device with the same address or another anomaly (network loop, like you
> already wrote).
>
> Using a sniffer to clearly see, what is going on would also be my next
> step in diagnosing this.

There are no other devices on the network just me and my AP, I don't have
a loop in my network either, I don't see duplicate packets for anything else.
But I will check this when I get home just in case.

The DAD has in the past triggered issues in Debian because the ifupdown
scripts weren't for the IPv6 address to transition from tentative [1].

For now I've decided this is an issue with NetworkManager and raised an
issue [2], hopefully the devs can get to the bottom of this.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=705996
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=781143

Cheers,
--