Re: customize ligthdm manager

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 12:18:23PM +0100, Abdelkader Belahcene wrote:
>    Hi everybody,
>
>    I want to enter from a local machine using  lightdm manager,  to a remote
>    server using XDMCP.
>
>    I do it with a thin client, I mean on a thin client I have the list of all
>    servers running XDMCP.
>    I  want to do the same,  from an old PC that I want to  use as a simple
>    terminal.
>
>    unfortunatly, in the login window I have only local accounts on my local
>    machine,
>
>    is it  possible to customize the login window of lightdm to allow access
>    to a remote server running XDMCP?

The first result on a web search for "lightdm xdmcp" (no quotes)
suggests to add

  [XDMCPServer]
  enabled=true

to your /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf, then restart lightdm. You can also
add and XDM-AUTHENTICATION-1 key by adding "key=XXXXXX" (where XXXXXX is
either a hex value 0xnnnnnnnnnnnnnn or a word), and specify a port using
"port=XX" (default 177).