Re: Cool things to do with server

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 02:06:10PM +0000, Dan Purgert wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 19:43:46 -0700, Joris Bolsens wrote:
>
> >> I have a guide on my website[1] for setting up Postfix that is secure.
> >> If you google, you'll find many more for different configurations[2].
> >> Use them as guides and review the documentation on the proper
> >> Postfix/Exim/etc websites and man pages.
> >>
> > I'll give it a look then, awesome :D
> >
> > Anything else I could do with this server? :p
> >
> > Really just looking for some fun projects to keep me busy and keep the
> > server busy so I don't feel like I'm wasting money on hosting costs.
> >
> > ~Joris
>
> Confirming "mail server" will keep you busy - especially the initial
> configuration (there will be a lot of "WTF, now what'd I do!?" moments,
> if you're like me).
>
> But yeah, postfix + dovecot (or other sasl agent) is pretty 'secure' in

Linode (expensive host, I no longer use, but with lotso great docu),
has a great howto for setting up mail with postfix, dovecot, mysql on
squeeze:
https://www.linode.com/docs/email/postfix/email-with-postfix-dovecot-and-mysql-on-debian-6-squeeze/
I still refer to it when setting up new mail servers, although configs
are a little different in Wheezy now (and I don't even know about
Jessie, yet).

./taz
--
http://taz.liberame.org