Re: configuring exim4 smtp to use SSL

On 15/03/15 05:32 AM, Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
Gary Dale wrote on 03/15/2015 04:26:
<snip>
I can telnet to both 26 and 465. I get three 220 lines when I connect to port
26, including the ESMTP line, but not when I use port 465. When I connect to
port 465, I get kicked out if I enter the EHLO or a USER command, etc..

Also on the smtps server my exim4 connects to on port 465, a telnet connection
gets immediately kicked out.

What output appears now in the log file? If I remove the "protocol = smtps"
line, something ending in

"... closed connection in response to initial connection"

is logged when trying to deliver a mail.

To make sure, after changing the configuration files of exim4 you issued the
commands

   update-exim4.conf

and something like

   service exim4 restart

?
I get the closed connection message on screen when I'm kicked out from the 465 port. I don't see anything in the logs I've looked at.

And yes, I am doing the update and restart when I change the configuration.