Re: How can I force a full fsck on a remote system at next reboot?

Am 2015-03-13 19:35, schrieb Michael Biebl:

Maybe [1] has the missing clue. If your mentry is under the Advanced
menu, you need to use a special syntax.
I just tried the following
1. Set GRUB_DEFAULT=saved, as you did and ran update-grub
2. Checked which menu entries I had:
   grep menuentry /boot/grub/grub.cfg
3. Constructed the default entry:
   grub-set-default "Erweiterte Optionen für Debian GNU/Linux>Debian
GNU/Linux, with Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 (recovery mode)"

Note how I explicitly specified the kernel as a subcomponent of the
advanced menu.
(sorry for the Geman locale)

I just noticed, that Elimar responded about the same time: He correctly mentions, that you can also use numeric identifiers here. The important part is, that you need to make sure, if the menu entry is in submenu, you specify it like that.

Michael